Saturday 15 December 2012

Sunset on Carlingwark Loch

Out here on the Atlantic it's a touch blowy and the old girl is rolling about a bit. Seems a good time to look back on a small walk I took round Carlingwark Loch a couple of weeks ago. The loch is on the outskirts of Castle Douglas about 9 miles from Kirkcudbright. In fact the earliest residents of Castle Douglas lived on the loch in prehistoric times in a crannog. It had certainly been cold but I hadn't expected the Loch to be frozen so early in the winter.














This moorhen reminded me of a famous Scottish painting.




4 comments:

Leslie D. said...

The chill in the air come right through these wonderful photos!

The Glebe Blog said...

That's a brilliant set of pictures Sandy. I love ice.

Sandy's witterings said...

Thank you Lesley and Jim. These cold icey days are great if you're wrapped up properly.

Shundo said...

Great set of pictures, Sandy - I love that low winter light.