Sunday 2 January 2011

2010 - Arty Stuff

It's been a good year for seeing bits and pieces of art now I look back on it. Much of it already appears on this blog. Only a few weeks ago there was the BP Portrait competition entrants on display in Aberdeen, then way back at beginning of my blogs here there was the curiously delightful 20:50 at the Saatchi Gallery in London (discovered completely by accident.). In sculpture there was the somewhat disappointing Ellesmere sculpture trail and of course our very own sculpture symposium, Big Art for Kirkcudbright. And much more.

Fellow blogger and up and coming photographer, Kim Ayres, had an exhibition at The Mill on the Fleet in  Gatehouse of Fleet in May which I only just managed to catch - I'll let you read about this at his own site here. There was a second exhibition on while I was there by archaeologist and artist Aaron Watson. I thought it was wonderful so here are some pictures I took while I was there.










2 comments:

Zia Wolf-Sun said...

Great artwork and a really good blog :)

Sandy's witterings said...

Thanks Wolfie.