Monday 3 January 2011

2010 - A year in beer

Here's a quick pictorial view through just a few of the pints of beer that came my way during the last twelve months and where better to start than with a small offering from Arkell's.



Wychwood are the makers some very fine ales but to win one makes it taste even better.


Pressed Rat and Warthog - probably gets the best beer name of the year.





After 45 years, I finally get to pour my own beer - not bad for a first pint I think.


Not the same pint I poured, you can probably tell by the lack of drips, but one Bev poured for me.

7 comments:

Shundo said...

Making me thirsty just looking at them...Cheers

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Yes, my taste buds are twitching. All look to be good pours done with finesse.

Unknown said...

I used to a good beer but had to give it up nearly 20 years back if I ever expected to make it past 40. Of course, we drink ours ice cold and that seems to add to the taste, at least to a Yank's palate. Happy New Years and many more pints to come, Sandy!

Becky said...

I love it!

Zia Wolf-Sun said...

What a fine and charming array of beers! A good year for beer then?!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Excellent, I think there are a good few new beers for me to try in that selection!

Sandy's witterings said...

Cheers all you commenting good people.

It has been a good year for beer Zia mainly because I spent such a lot of it down south in beer land. At least Juliet, living up in Tennants lager land, you stand a better chance of finding a decent beer in Edinburgh than the rest of Scotland.

Ice cold Chip!! Oh dear.