Sunday 15 August 2010

Finding Hanks - Brick Land and Graffiti

I’ve never read Brick Lane, nor have I seen the film but I did accidentally stumble upon the street with it Mosque and endless curry houses. I suspect that in the evening the street would have smelled wonderful but at 9 o’clock in the morning even the 2nd best curry chef of 2009 has his shutters pulled down and most of the bustle in the street seemed to be people popping over to the mosque for morning prayers.

In the streets round about Brick Lane there is quite a bit of graffiti, the best of it seems to be by somebody who goes by the name of Jef Aerosol.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 




2 comments:

Unknown said...

"yes it is one hell of a place" london's melting pot, with a long history starting in the french revolution,got a funny feeling you'll go back there a few more time's yet,
ps,,, try the 24/7 bagel shop at the top end of the street,

Sandy's witterings said...

Certainly I'm far from finished with London yet. It just lost it's regular 5 weekly slot in my travels just now.